Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Wolf and Camel = Jeep

Okay, so I was browsing the Web for possible cars that would be good for me to drive (hopefully in the near future...). I Google searched  'good, durable cars for new drivers' and I happened to come across with this Jeep ad. For a second I was like, "What's this supposed to mean??" Until two minutes later I realized the ingenuity behind it. If you haven't noticed, I'm one of those slower thinkers so yeah...prepare to see more realizations throughout my blog. :)

Let us begin to analyze this ad for Jeep. First of all, this ad is fairly simple, just pictures, no words (except for Jeep). That's a plus I guess to those who despise reading, right? The two animals that are used is a camel and a wolf. They are two animals who live in two very different climates. The wolf, which lives in colder areas, and the camel, which lives in the hot, dry desert. The animals overlap each other at the nose to create a car outline. Wait...Jeep is known for cars that can withstand any condition from slippery ice to unsteady sand. They combined opposite conditions into one to show how well-rounded their cars are. The joining of the wolf and the camel to create the car was to show how it unites both conditions.

The color choice for this ad was fairly logical. However, I don't get why the wolf is blue. Is it because the color blue is associated with the cold? Probably...And why is the car green? I wonder if it's to show that the cars are eco-friendly and help reduce pollution with greener fuel. Most automobile companies are competing over the 'cleanest and greenest' cars because consumers like to hear that they're saving the planet with their car.

Well...I don't have anything else to say about this ad because it's simplicity is quite obvious to the audience and the idea behind this was very creative. The colors popped against the plain white background, so it would be hard to miss this ad. Jeep wants consumers to know that their cars are great for icy and/or hotter climates and that they are eco-friendly, if I'm not mistaken. That is all for today's post and I shall blog more about the deconstructing of a print ad (with words this time...)

No comments:

Post a Comment